Saturday, August 25, 2012

Good junk!

I do like to make things out of junk, I put a lot of time into my projects but its time I enjoy. Here are a few of my art projects. I am an outside in kind of girl. I could live outside if it wern't for the bugs. Nothing I hate more than to get eaten while trying to enjoy being outside! I like to work with materials I can find in nature. It's nothing for me to be pulling dead bark off of a tree or collecting bags of pretty green moss, twisted branches, baby pinecones......rocks, you name it. So I started doing birdhouses about 20 years ago. I do a lot of stuff in small rocks and I can say that, that takes up a large amount of time.
This lamp had a plain white lampshade. Needless to say that had to go....and so it did!

 Now this took a whole lot of time and is very heavy, I find these frames at a furniture store dumpster. They are just used to ship the furniture so really they are just short of being a plain old pallet. 20x30 17 lbs . I told you it is heavy. Subject made of aquarium rock!
 I knew when I saw this barrel, what it wanted to be, It went real quck and I love, love, love the way it turned out. I have another one that is larger that I need to start on but it hasn't quite spoken to me yet!


 Glitter comes in some really awesome colors now days. I saw a show on Martha where she did some art with glitter, The squares I got at home depot in the wood junk isle for like pennies and glue and glitter the subject. My husband has to take over where I leave off sometimes and it was  his idea to glue them to the 1xs which makes them 3D. 

                                  
 Ahhh yea, collecting fall leaves, need I say more? I actually glued these down not long after picking them. I flattened them a day maybe. After glueing I did a clear spraycoat over them. The color is still good and this is their 1 year birthday
 Dumpster find! Brand new mirror with a crack in the top right hand corner,,,,,behind the tree branch! The frame wasnt all that great, but it is now!
 More of furniture pallets. This is an awesome idea if you have lots of blank wall space that you want to fill. You can use any material to jive with any decor and so much more can be done with this I haent even touched on. A window box at the bottom with maybe some silk grasses and a few silk flowers coming out of the window box and the curtains could be drawn up to the sides.
Well more later. I will leave you on this note......I do love junk!

No comments:

Post a Comment